The roaring ’20s are back and Apex Legends is celebrating with a Grand Soirée. All of your favorite Legends are invited, dressed in their best “black-tie” skins: Bangalore is wearing a tiara, Octane looks like a steampunk Starlord, and Pathfinder is in pinstripes.
Of course, Pathfinder would be looking his best. After all, he is our gracious host at the Apex Legends Grand Soirée and, in that role, he has some festivities planned that would make even Gatsby green with envy. The event’s main attraction is the new LTM “Arcade”.
You are cordially invited to the Grand Soirée Arcade Event! 🎉
Kick off the decade in style with a new mode every two days, seven limited-time rotating modes total. Earn fabulous rewards with our new Challenge Scorecard and dress to impress with all-new cosmetics. See you there! pic.twitter.com/T5QJfvtWAN
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) January 9, 2020
Unlike past events that feature a single LTM for the entire event, the “Arcade” mode will be a rotating collection of seven different modes. Each mode will rotate out every two days to be replaced by a new one, some of which players will recognize from events past.
- Gold Rush Duos (January 14): Duos, legendary weapons only
- Live. Die. Live (January 16): Automatically respawn on living squadmates when the ring closes
- Third Person Mode (January 18): Apex, but make it Fortnite.
- Always Be Closing (January 20): Keep on the move, avoiding big damage from a constantly moving ring
- Armed and Dangerous on World’s Edge (January 22): Shotguns and snipers with limited armor
- Kings Canyon After Dark (January 24): It’s Kings Canyon, but at night? (Most likely it’s the Halloween LTM)
- Dummies Big Day (January 26): Zombies (again?), but they’re crash test dummies? More likely a PvE event featuring the Easter Egg Crew.
As you play each one, you’ll earn progress toward the Grand Soiree “suite” –each mode will have three challenges worth a total of 1,000 Apex Points– which includes new weapon skins, and a Mirage skin. The trailer also shows off skins for Octane, Bangalore, Caustic, Wattson, Crypto, and of course, Pathfinder himself. You’ll also be able to purchase these skins and cosmetics directly as usual, and once the event ends, all 6 skins will be added to the loot pool and become eligible for unlocking through Apex packs.
The Apex Legends Grand Soirée starts on Jan. 14, and the festivities keep going until Jan. 28.