You need to build up Street Cred to see more of Night City and become a legend. Jackie Welles learned in the beginning that sometimes you don’t live long enough to see it happen, but you still gotta try. We’ll show you some great ways to build up Street Cred in Cyberpunk 2077.
What is Street Cred?
Street Cred is one of two progression systems players need to level through in Cyberpunk 2077. It’s similar to earning standard character experience points, but Street Cred gives V additional missions via the fixers throughout Night City. Instead of leveling up abilities, think of this as V leveling up available missions.
Players can view their Street Cred level in the character stats menu. It’s the green progression system labeled “Street Cred”, and the level is capped at 50. Street Cred also rewards players with:
- Street Cred Level 5: Weapon vendors will have new weapons to sell.
- Street Cred Level 12: Clothing stores will have more items available for purchase.
- Street Cred Level 14: Clothing stores will have more items available for purchase.
- Street Cred Level 20: Ripperdocs will sell you new cyberware.
- Street Cred Level 27: Clothing stores will have more items available for purchase.
- Street Cred Level 37: Vendors will offer new weapon mods and attachments.
- Street Cred Level 45: Weapon vendors will have new weapons to sell.
- Street Cred Level 50: Ripperdocs will sell you new cyberware.
How to build up Street Cred
Cyberpunk 2077 throws a billion tasks at players, with calls from fixers coming left, right, and center. Players build their Cyberpunk 2077 Street Cred by completing Main Jobs, Gigs, or NCPD Scanner Events. If you’re shooting someone for a good reason, chances are your Street Cred goes up.
Best ways to build Street Cred
Keep an eye out for items that speed up building up your Street Cred, and just play the game. CP2077 is loaded with amazing content, so you shouldn’t feel like you have to farm Street Cred for better items or missions. If you find that the well’s running dry with Main Jobs or Gigs available, go put on your best vigilante act and stop some crime. Just make sure you’re equipped to clean up the streets so you aren’t getting flatlined immediately.
Stick around with SQUAD for more Cyberpunk 2077 guides and content!