The wolf-boy wonder Razor is a flashy and powerful addition to any roster in Genshin Impact. If built right, Razor can be a positively disgusting damage dealer, inflicting Electro elemental reactions consistently due to the short cooldown on his skills. Being a four-star character only makes Razor better as it is easier to make him more powerful.
Razor’s Attacks and Skills
Attack: Steel Fang. Razor’s basic attack is a four-hit chain that swings moderately fast for a claymore. His charged attack has him spinning in circles, dealing damage, and unleashing a powerful attack at the end of his spin.
Elemental Skill: Claw and Thunder. This Elemental Skill lets Razor tap into his inner wolf, and either lunges forward with Electro claws, or unleashes a devastating AoE Electro attack when charged. The part about Razor most players miss – and why so many rank him lower – is that Electro Sigils are gained through the normal attack, and the charged attack absorbs them to deal more damage. Razor can only have three sigils at any point and time, and when using a charged Claw and Thunder attack, the sigils will convert to energy and help charge his Elemental Burst faster.
Elemental Burst: Lightning Fang. Razor unleashes his inner Wolf to fight alongside him and make his attacks much more powerful. All strikes during the burst duration deal Electro damage, his attack speed, and Electro resistance are increased, and he becomes immune to damage from the Electro-Charged status. If Razor has electro Sigils when the Elemental Burst is activated, they are consumed, and increase his energy.
Razor’s Passive Talents
- Awakening: Ascension 1 – Decreases Claw and Thunder’s CD by 18%. Using Lightning Fang resets the CD of Claw and Thunder.
- Hunger: Ascension 4 – When Razor’s Energy is below 50%, increases Energy Recharge by 30%.
- Wolvensprint: Decreases all party member’s sprinting Stamina Consumption by 20%.
- C1: Wolf’s Instinct – Picking up an Elemental Orb or Particle increases Razor’s damage by 10% for 8s.
- C2: Suppression – Increases CRIT Rate against enemies with less than 30% HP by 10%.
- C3: Soul Companion – Increases the Level of Lightning Fang by three, and the maximum level is 15.
- C4: Bite – When casting Claw and Thunder, enemies hit will have their defense decreased by 15% for 7s.
- C5: Sharpened Claws – Increases the level of Claw and Thunder by three, and the maximum level is 15.
- C6: Lupus Fulguris – Every 10s, Razor’s sword charges up, causing the next Normal Attack to release lightning that deals 100% of Razor’s attack as Electro damage. When Razor is not using Lightning Fang, a lightning strike on an enemy will grant Razor an Electro Sigil for Claw and Thunder.
Artifacts & builds
Razor thrives in the heat of battle, and if given the right tool, can do considerable sustained Electro damage. The effortless set to obtain and level up early on will be the Resolution of Sojourner, which has a 2-set bonus that increases attack by 18%. From there, try to acquire as many pieces of Gladiator’s Finale as possible. The 2-set bonus will give you an 18% increase in attack, and the 4-set will give Razor a 35% increase in normal attack damage since he uses a claymore.
If you have a Barbara in your team, having two pieces of Thundering Fury will give you a 15% increase to Electro damage. The Prototype Animus is the best choice so far in Genshin Impact, since it is not hard to acquire more of them for refining. The sword’s skill is a 50% chance to increase the attack damage multiplier of normal and charged attacks, which will help Razor do more damage with Lightning Fang.