Nico Minoru is a new Controller in Marvel Strike Force who should be very familiar to fans of the Runaways comics. Wielding the Staff of One, she drains the blood of her enemies while healing herself and her allies. She is a strong character with the ability to debuff multiple enemies at once. Here is everything you need to know about Nico Minoru in Marvel Strike Force.
Character & kit overview
Basic – Blood Strike
- Attack primary target for 270% damage.
- Clear all Heal Block and Stun from the ally with the highest Damage.
- Call that ally to attack the primary target.
- After every use of this ability after the first time during a match, randomly choose one of the following effects: Apply Bleed to the primary target, Gain Defense Up, or Heal the most injured ally or self by 15% of this character’s Max Health
Special – Occult Bloodletting
- Attack primary and adjacent targets for 250% damage + apply 2 Bleed
- Gain 2 Regeneration.
- After every use of this ability after the first time during a match, randomly choose one of the following effects: Apply Disrupted to the primary target, Gain Deathproof, Apply 2 Counter to adjacent allies.
- On War Offense, this attack cannot be blocked.
Ultimate – Grimm Tidings
- Attack all enemies for 450% damage + flip all the following positive effects into negative effects: Deflect, Speed Up, and Defense Up,
- On War Offense, if this character has 3 or more A-Force allies, apply Trauma for 2 turns and Disrupted for 2 turns to the primary target, the enemy with the highest Health, and the enemy with the Highest Damage.
- After every use of this ability after the first time during a match, randomly choose one of the following effects: Gain 2 Evade, Apply 2 Deflect to self and all allies, Revive a dead ally with 20% base Health
- On War Offense, gain +100% Extra Focus for this attack.
- On War Offense, this attack cannot be dodged, counterattacked, or blocked.
Passive – Blood Sorcery
- On Spawn, apply Safeguard, Immunity, and Deathproof to the highest Health A-Force Ally
- Apply Immunity and Deathproof to the lowest Health ally.
- Gain +50% Drain
- Gain +50% Focus
- Gain +40% Focus for each A-Force ally.
- Gain +10% Max Health per A-Force ally.
- A-Force allies gain +10% Max Health
In typical Controller fashion, Nico Minoru debuffs her enemies and clears debuffs them from her allies. However, what sets her apart is her strong self-sustain and her ability to apply Bleed effects. Nico also has a unique mechanic that adds extra utility to her abilities when using them multiple times in a match. She also has super high base Health, which is further boosted by additional A-Force teammates.
Best team for Nico Minoru in Marvel Strike Force
Your optimal line-up is Nico Minoru + Spider-Woman + Jessica Jones + Captain Marvel.
Nico Minoru serves as the healer of the A-Force team. When paired with other A-Force allies, Nico grants them bonus health while bolstering her own. This team is meant to be taken into War, serving as an offensive powerhouse to counter the top defensive teams. Nico’s ability to apply Trauma stops enemies from clearing her debuffs.
The A-Force team is currently only made up of four members, although Marvel Strike Force developer Scopely has hinted that another member could come later on.