Indie developer Astral Clocktower Studios has announced that an exclusive beta of Kristala will be available from May 2 – 16. Kristala is a Dark Fantasy ARPG where players assume the role of an anthropomorphic feline warrior. The goal is to master the sacred Kristals’ six magical specializations with the goal of proving yourself worthy of becoming a Raksaka warrior.
Players will discover a horrific curse that has changed the creatures of planet Ailur into monstrous beasts bent on destruction as they travel through the six clan regions. Players can discover and improve a variety of weapons, spells, armor sets, and objects as they embark on their epic Raksaka Proving journey.
Players will meet and engage with distinct and diverse individuals while exploring a strange fantasy planet rich with undiscovered stories waiting to be explored as they battle to restore peace to Ailur.
What players can expect:
Begin your journey as a fledgling feline warrior from one of six clans, each with its own unique territory, culture, aesthetic, and magic.
- Choose between three different classes at the start of the game: Brawn, Finesse, or Quality.
- There are six magic specialties in-game that correspond with the six playable clans, as well as two distinct stats: Eminence + Malediction.
- Unique, detailed character customization via stat leveling, magic leveling, and an innovative feline skill leveling tree.
- Strategic, fast-paced combat with a heavy emphasis on both magic and replayability.
- Story unveiled via rich + robust RPG mechanics like quests, journal entries, and special Kristal Memory pick-up items.